Saturday, October 9, 2010

Jing Project: About

For the movie portion of my project, I did it silently.  In the movie, I am showing you about Twitter.  I show where to create an account and where to sign in if you already have an account. I also go through the basics: how to post a tweet, retweet, check various things, like messages and mentions.  This service is a simple one but one that allows you to quickly see what everyone is doing. Unlike Facebook, you can see what everyone is doing but without seeing their Farmville updates.  I personally enjoy Twitter because it allows me to see what various authors are doing, what businesses are advertising, and getting daily jokes from people like Stewie Griffen and Michael Ian Black.

I try to show those who do not have a Twitter account what can be done in the system.  Although it is not a service like Blackboard, it does allow users to know what people and things are doing.  Yes, this is a little stalker-ish, but it is entertaining to see what some people are saying. Also, some businesses are using Twitter to put out sales.  For instance, a local restaurant in my home town uses Twitter to put out a secret code word.  When this word is said at the restaurant, or bar, the sayer gets the sale. This may be a free pint of the new beer on tap or half priced nachos.  This video allows those who are not Tweeters to see how to sign up and what the service allows once they do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment