Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Unit 4 Readings


Data Compression (both the Wiki document and the Data compression basis document)
         I understand the reasoning behind compressing data.  It saves room in the computers hard drive and memory for more things to be put in.  I just don’t understand how this can be related to the library.  Maybe it can be related to libraries because library computers have many different programs on them, especially the ones used in the children’s department, and by compressing the data it enables librarians to put more programs on the computer.  But, that’s the only way I can relate it to the library.  If anyone else can explain this to me, it be greatly appreciated.

 ATTN: At this time I am having problems getting the last two links (First Monday and ALA) to work, hence why I have not commented on them in this posting.  I have posted in the Discussion Board a question regarding this and am waiting for a response.  I wanted to get what I had done so far posted though, just to get something out there.  Thanks for the understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment